Saturday, October 8, 2011

There You'll Find Me by Jenny Jones


Author - Jenny B. Jones
Publisher - Thomas Nelson 
Release Date - October 4 2011




Two things I love about books are that they take you to places that you have never been and make you feel things that you have never felt. I loved this book because not only did it take me to Ireland (after reading this I really love to visit Ireland) it also made me feel the familiar feeling of loss and pain. 

Finley Sinclair was struggling after the death of her brother Will. Her brother left a journal documenting his trip to Ireland and how he found God there. Trying to find out for herself what her brother discovered there she decided to set off to Ireland. On her way there she met the famous Beckett Rush who turned out to be more than who she thought he was. 

Finley had to struggle with a lot of things: her brother's death, her family, school, her audition piece, a certain boy, God and most of all herself. 

I honestly don't know where or how to begin this. This would probably be the longest review I will ever make. This book indeed helped me a lot. It helped me face the issues in life that I am currently having. It touched so many aspects in my life if not all. 

When I was reading the book, it was as if I was the one narrating the story and not Finley. When I started the book I was like okay she met him at the plane and then what? But as the story progressed that's when I really got the whole picture. 

In the book, Finley kept on complaining that no matter how hard she tried calling to God he never answered. She felt alone and depressed. She developed an eating disorder that she refused to admit even though she knows that it’s true. She was a walking disaster waiting to  happen only she was too preoccupied with so many things that she failed to notice it. 

She was having a hard time accepting her brother's death. She refused to let go of the pain, the loss and the heartache. She found it so hard to let go of her favorite 
brother. Her role model. Her goal was to finish the audition piece that she dedicated to Will. She hoped that after that everything would go back to normal. But things would never go back the way it used to be. No matter what she does, it would never bring back her brother. 

You could either stay or move forward, that is one of the lessons I have learned in this book. Either you mull over the pain over and over again or you let everything go and let God help you move on. 

This book helped me overcome my own pain, my hurts and my regrets. I try and convince myself and others that I have already gotten over the fact that my ex-bf had left me and my daughter but I really haven't nor did I really got over my Mom remarrying. I do regret not being able to graduate. One other important thing that I failed to let go until now is the death of my Dad. I just realized after reading this book that I haven't really moved on from his death. He was my Will. I loved him more than anyone else in my family. He was my role model (I was a daddy's girl). 
I thought I gotten over it a long time ago but I was wrong. I didn't deal with it, I just suppressed it. It was my coping mechanism. I should have known but I was too blind to 
see it but finally I am free all thanks to this book. 

God does move in mysterious ways. I also thought he wasn't listening to me anymore but I was wrong. He spoke to me. He spoke to me through the pages of this 
book. Thank you Ms. Jones for making this book. :) I am 
forever a fan! 

Like Finley, I also selected my own verse. Here it is: 

"Let us not be weary in doing good, for at the proper time 
we reap a harvest if we do not give up." 
- Galatians 6:9 

and before I end this review I would just like to add that Finley and Beckett were two amazing characters. I loved Finley because she was real and vulnerable and so is Beckett. 
Finley and Beckett's love story is inspiring. I think I already gave away most of what the story is about in this review. I will just leave you guys to discover why their love story is inspiring. :)) I hope every girl would get their own Beckett someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment